Skip to content
This is a recipe I had to try from a friend of mine. It's amazingly simple, delicious and easy to convert for a canna-creation. These cookies are crispy on the outside and oh so soft on the inside and are sure to be an instant hit with or without our green goddess.
- 1 8oz brick of cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup of canna-butter (room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 pkg chocolate cake mix
- Icing or confectioner's sugar
- Cream together the cream cheese and butter until smooth
- Beat in egg and vanilla
- Beat in cake mix
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and get out two ungreased cookie sheets. You can optionally line two cookie sheets with parchment paper to skip the dishes.
- Roll the dough into balls and then toss through the confectioners sugar to coat and place on the cookie sheet.
You do not need to flatten these beauties but I did find they rolled around a lot less on the tray if I did. I used a teaspoon just to squish the little bastards down a bit.
- Bake for 12 minutes and then remove from the cookie sheet with a spatula to cool on a cookie rack.
Don't worry if they seem extra soft, they will firm up after they cool.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection